St Augustine's church, Norwich, viewed from the south east
This church's distinctive red brick tower earned St Augustine's parishioners the nickname 'Red Steeplers'. It was built between 1677, when the original flint tower collapsed, and 1687. The latter date was revealed, picked out in stone on the east face of the parapet, during restoration work carried out by the Churches Conservation Trust in 2001.
Photo© S. J. McLaren